Senior Citizen Fixed Deposit
This scheme is to make senior citizens who are nearing their retirement age or have retired from service to spend comfortable, independent and happy retired lives with the steady interest income paid under the scheme.
- Must have a valid citizenship identity card
- Must have reached at least 50 years of age
- Must not be mentally unsound
- Must not be involved in any anti social activities including money laundering and works of extremism
- The account holder must have a valid citizenship card/passport and must not have involved or support anti social activities.
- The account holder must not be mentally unsound. If the retiree is mentally unsound or physically or visually impaired, the account can be opened and operated by a sound guardian/son/daughter.
- Names of nominees should be mentioned in the deposit application form. If the account holder is the guardian (only if the retiree is mentally unsound or physically or visually impaired), nominee should be the retiree.
For account holder
- A copy of citizenship ID card and 2 copies of recently taken passport sized photo for Bhutanese and
- A copy of valid passport and a 2 copies of recently taken passport sized photo non Bhutanese.
- Recently taken passport sized photo for Bhutanese and
- A copy of valid passport and a recently taken passport sized photo for non Bhutanese.