**The Drinchen Ama Savings is loosely translated as Beloved Mother Savings refers to savings to any individual home makers to inculcate financial discipline, saving habits and secure the family.
- Account shall be opened in the name of Mother/Home maker
- If Mother/Home Maker does not have Citizenship Identity Card (old age), the CID number of nominated household representative (guardian) can be used to open the Savings account
- Account opening can be done in any Branch both in the office as well as in the field
- Account holders will be provided with Drinchen Ama Savings safe box with Nu. 50 in it and a Khadhar while opening the Savings account
- Withdrawal from Drinchen Ama Savings account can be done by the account holder and by an authorized household representative if the account holder cannot visit the Branch.
- In such a case, an authorization letter to this effect verified by the village Tshogpa/Bank official has to be obtained
- Interest on savings will be paid only from the date of transactions effected in the system
- Interest rate:
The interest shall be paid 0.5% higher than normal savings rate at all times.